5th Grade at Cornerstone
Fifth grade students at Cornerstone are given opportunities to grow in five key facets:
- Building capacity to think critically independently and collaboratively.
- Further develop compassion and empathy through real world applications of skills.
- Engaging in opportunities to apply skills and creative problem solving in novel and meaningful contexts.
- Experiences that scaffold toward middle school expectations.
- Developing and cultivating the ability to see things from multiple perspectives.
These serve our greater goal of shaping and molding our children into compassionate, global learners, and problem solvers.
How to Apply
- STEP 1: Schedule a Tour – CLICK HERE
- STEP 2: Complete the Online Application – CLICK HERE – A $75.00 application fee is due at the end of the application.
- STEP 3: Submit all required supporting documents – CLICK HERE for:
- Checklist of needed documentation
- Confidential Teacher Evaluation Form
- CLC 2017-2018 Tuition & Fees Schedule
Supporting documentation can be provided via:
- Upload – during the Online Application submission
- Drop off or mail to the CLC Office at 2524 Hartsfield Road, Tallahassee, FL 32303
- Fax to (850)386-5421
- Email to Patty Backes at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Completed Applications (including ALL supporting documentation) must be received no later than January 15 to be considered for admission in the current school year. Any completed Applications received after this date will be considered for the following school year.
Completed applications consist of the items below:
- Completed Online Application
- Non-refundable $75.00 Application Fee (payable through Online Application via Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express)
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
- The Confidential Teacher Evaluation form. This form should be signed and dated by the parents or guardian and given to the child’s current teacher to fill out and return to the Cornerstone Admissions Office.
- Copies of all previous end of the year report cards (Kindergarten through current grade level).
- Copies of any academic testing and/or the child’s IEP (Individual Education Plan) or 504 plan (if applicable).
Shadowing for prospective students is by invitation only. Not all applicants are invited to shadow. Shadow visits are set up by the Admissions Director for Preschool through 8th Grade only after review of the completed application packet.
Cornerstone Learning Community is an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or national origin.