We are now accepting applications for the 2016/2017 school year.
We have a rolling admissions policy, we continue to accept applications for the current school year (15/16) in classes that still have available space until spring.
The Admissions Committee meets regularly to review new applications. Families must submit a completed application packet before the application will be considered by the committee. A complete packet is described below. Please note that the $75.00 application fee must accompany the paperwork.
Cornerstone values a diverse student population and each learner’s unique strengths and challenges. Please make sure that you have submitted all of the requested records and testing so the committee can make the most informed decision.
Shadowing for prospective students is by invitation only. Visits are set up by the Admissions Director for Preschool through 8th grade.
Complete application files consist of the items below:
- The completed 4 page application. Each section of the form must be filled out completely and signed.
- $75.00 application fee
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
- The teacher evaluation form. This confidential form should be signed and dated by the parent or guardian and given to the child’s current teacher to fill out and return to the Cornerstone Admissions Office.
- Copies of all previous end of year report cards (Kindergarten through current grade).
- A copy of the child’s previous years testing results (FCAT, SAT 9, etc.) if applicable.
- A copy of any academic testing and/or the child’s IEP (individual education plan) or 504 plan if applicable. Please note that application packets which include IEP’s can take longer to move through the admissions process.
If you wish to apply for financial assistance, please visit the admissions page and follow the FAST (Financial Assistance for School Tuition) link.
All of the forms can be mailed to you upon request by calling the school office or can be downloaded from our website.
Completed forms should be mailed to:
Patty Backes, Admissions Director
Cornerstone Learning Community
2524 Hartsfield Road
Tallahassee, FL 32303
To contact the admissions office please call or email: