Community

December 10, 2014

Your Brain on Childhood

I am a big fan of Gabrielle Principe’s book, “Your Brain on Childhood: The Unexpected Side Effects of Classrooms, Ballparks, Family Rooms, and the Minivan.” Not only […]
November 14, 2014

Grandparents and Grandfriends Day 2014

What a wonderful turn out of grandfriends during today’s 2nd annual Grandparents Day. While the day included a coffee & bagel social, tour, classroom visits, and […]
November 7, 2014

A School Designed with Your Child In Mind

Today on CLC’s campus I saw middle school students choosing their History Fair topics, first graders making connections between different fairy tales, and kids in our […]
November 3, 2014

Invitation to Fail

This post was originally published in CLC’s Friday News last winter.   I am not afraid to admit it: I am the sap who tears up […]
October 31, 2014

Preschool — Building Blocks of Life Long Learning

A recent op-ed in the New York Times pulled on its smock and ventured into the world of preschool, looking at the “Building Blocks of  a […]
November 7, 2014

A School Designed with Your Child In Mind

Today on CLC’s campus I saw middle school students choosing their History Fair topics, first graders making connections between different fairy tales, and kids in our […]
November 3, 2014

Invitation to Fail

This post was originally published in CLC’s Friday News last winter.   I am not afraid to admit it: I am the sap who tears up […]
October 17, 2014

The Power of Sleep

This post was written by Laura Young, our Middle School Coordinator.   It can be hard — really, really hard — to usher an adolescent into […]
September 15, 2014

My Dad (Mr. Sid) and Cornerstone

This guest post was written by Heather Nicholson (Mr. Sidney’s daughter) and a parent of a former CLC middle school student. Over the last few days, […]
April 24, 2014

A Farming We Will Go, A Farming We Will Go . . .

This piece was written by Sky Feller, CLC’s Lead Farm and Elementary Science Teacher.  From the time that Cornerstone Learning Community was first imagined, the founders […]
April 14, 2014

CLC on Schedule for IB Authorization

This piece was written by Karen Metcalf, CLC’s IB Coordinator and Middle School Science Teacher.  Last week we took our next step in the journey to […]