Kindergarten at Cornerstone
Our play based, early childhood Kindergarten incorporates developmentally appropriate practices that encourage children to reach the height of their potential. Our beautiful outdoor spaces and the homelike feel to our classrooms encourage and foster creativity and independence.
Application to Kindergarten is slightly different than application to other grade levels. The application window opens October 15th and will run through the end of the first week in January. Completed application packets submitted during that time will be reviewed by the admissions committee. The Admissions Committee will then issue invitations to a “Kindergarten Play Day” to be held in early February. Applicants who are invited to the Kindergarten Play Day will experience a mini-kindergarten day under the watchful eyes of our Kindergarten Teaching staff and Administration while their parents are treated to an informative program in another room here at CLC. The purpose is to be able to see these students in a Kindergarten environment, doing Kindergarten activities and determine Kindergarten readiness. CLICK HERE for more info about our Kindergarten Program.
How to Apply
- STEP 1: Schedule a Tour – CLICK HERE
- STEP 2: Complete the Online Application – CLICK HERE – A $75.00 application fee is due at the end of the application.
- STEP 3: Submit all required supporting documents – CLICK HERE for:
- Checklist of needed documentation
- Confidential Teacher Evaluation Form
- CLC 2017-2018 Tuition & Fees Schedule
Supporting documentation can be provided via:
- Upload – during the Online Application submission
- Drop off or mail to the CLC Office at 2524 Hartsfield Road, Tallahassee, FL 32303
- Fax to (850)386-5421
- Email to Patty Backes at email@example.com
NOTE: Completed Applications (including ALL supporting documentation) must be received no later than January 15 to be considered for admission in the current school year. Any completed Applications received after this date will be considered for the following school year.
Completed applications consist of the items below:
- Completed Online Application
- Non-refundable $75.00 Application Fee (payable through Online Application via Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express)
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
- The Confidential Teacher Evaluation form. This form should be signed and dated by the parents or guardian and given to the child’s current teacher to fill out and return to the Cornerstone Admissions Office.
- Copies of all previous end of the year report cards and assessments (if applicable)
- Copies of any academic testing and/or the child’s IEP (Individual Education Plan) or 504 plan (if applicable).
Shadowing for prospective students is by invitation only. Not all applicants are invited to shadow. Shadow visits are set up by the Admissions Director for Preschool through 8th Grade only after review of the completed application packet.
Cornerstone Learning Community is an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or national origin.