3rd Grade Lead Teacher
Cornerstone Learning Community (CLC) is seeking an experienced full time 3rd grade lead teacher to join its faculty for the 2018/2019 school year. With low staff turnover, this is a unique opportunity for an innovative educator to join a dynamic and professional team dedicated to empowering students.
CLC’s mission is simple: Inspire and empower compassionate, global learners. At the center of this mission are the core virtues we adopted from Ernest Boyer’s Basic School model.
Our motto is “Parents as Partners and Teachers as Leaders.” The teachers have numerous leadership opportunities to initiate, implement, and create new opportunities for students, colleagues, and parents alike. Parents are an active part of our school family as supporters, guest teachers, and community organizers.
- Leading the 3rd grade program in all subject areas (except special areas).
- Communicating regularly with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Maintaining a high standard of instruction that aligns with the school’s core virtues and educational research.
- Reporting progress at the conclusion of each trimester.
- Working closely with the upper elementary team on day-to-day tasks as well as on field trips, service efforts, and integrated projects.
The successful candidate will demonstrate capacity as:
- An excellent communicator who builds and sustains bridges with various stakeholders.
- A professional who can create and implement curricula to meet students’ cognitive needs and build their understanding.
- An instructor who develops and sustains positive, respectful relationships with others.
- A passionate educator who can differentiate instruction to inspire and challenge every student.
- A reflective practitioner who incorporates research and input from their professional network to improve practice.
- A learner who is eager to work and participate in professional development workshops.
- A creative leader who creates transformational learning environments and experiences.
- Someone who loves working with young people.
- A bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in elementary education.
- Florida Educator Certificate in elementary teaching.
- 3+ years of experience as a lead teacher in elementary school.
- Creative Awesomeness.
Qualified candidates will be invited to:
- Tour the school.
- Perform a model teaching.
- Provide written materials as requested.
Interested in teaching in an authentic learning community dedicated to students, staff, and families alike?
Send a resume that includes all relevant experience and education with a cover letter that includes your philosophy of education and concrete examples of how you put it in practice to hr at cornerstonelc.com.
But wait! Don’t go yet! Any interest in substituting?
We have hired a number of our staff from our substituting ranks. It is a great way to get your foot in the door and position yourself to be in the right place at the right time when an opportunity does arise. Plus, it might give you additional experience to build your skill set (and resumé) until the right job does come along. In the meantime, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most professional, creative, compassionate, and innovative educators in town. And our students are pretty awesome too.
Interested? Send your resumé to Human Resources. Thanks!