Seeking 2 Part-Time Afterschool Teachers to Start in January
Cornerstone Learning Community is seeking two part time (15 hours and 9 hours per week) afterschool teachers to join its lower school afterschool team for the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year (work begins on January 7). Our afterschool balances teacher organized activities with free play for our students ranging in age from 3 – 7 years old.
Our mission: Inspire and empower compassionate global learners.
Cornerstone teachers are:
- Excellent communicators with students and parents, and have well-developed oral and written language skills
- Passionate educators who respect and nurture individuals
- Knowledgeable educators who are informed by current research and seek opportunities for professional growth
- Comfortable with change, embracing of diversity, and working with a team in a dynamic environment
- Overseeing students in our lower school afterschool program
- Communicating with parents
- Keeping students safe, engaged, joyful
- Organizing and playing crafts, games, activities
- Taking initiative to bring new opportunities and experiences
- Being involved with the students
- A love of children
- 3 to 5 years of experience with young people
- Comfortable creating and leading whole group activities
- Being a team player and taking initiative
- Bachelor’s degree in education preferred, but not required
- Bilingual a plus, but not necessary
Successful candidates will be asked to:
- Come for a tour
Pay scale based on certifications, years of experience, and level of education.
Send a resume that includes all relevant experience and schooling with a cover letter that includes why you are a good fit for Cornerstone to: hr at cornerstonelc dot com Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
We have no other positions at this time, but wait! Don’t go yet! Any interest in substituting?
We have hired a number of our staff from our substituting ranks. It is a great way to get your foot in the door and position yourself to be in the right place at the right time when an opportunity does arise. Plus, it might give you additional experience to build your skill set (and resumé) until the right job does come along. In the meantime, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most professional, creative, compassionate, and innovative educators in town. And our students are pretty awesome too.
Interested? Send your resumé to Human Resources. Thanks!