Business Office Assistant (Part Time)
The Business Office Assistant assists the Business Director in the overall administrative, billing, accounting, and HR functions of the school’s business office in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and accounting standards. The successful candidate will also work in concert with the Director and Business Director to help provide support in the areas of development and fundraising.
- Knowledge of billing and collection practices and techniques. HR experience beneficial.
- Financial office or bookkeeping experience required. Minimum of 1-3 years preferred. Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Proficient in Quickbooks entry tasks including: Invoicing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Reports, Statements, and Reconciliations.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality of all staff, student, and family information to assure privacy rights are diligently protected.
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, student families, and vendors.
- Ability to be accurate, concise and detail oriented.
- Experience using Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required.
- Proficient (intermediate) personal computer skills to include electronic mail, record keeping, word processing, spreadsheet applications, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone skills required.
- Experience in development and/or fundraising preferred.
- Sense of humor
- Assist the Business Director with all A/R, A/P, Billing and student account functions.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly invoices and the collection and recording of payments utilizing established policies and procedures.
- Manage data entry and record keeping for charitable giving software.
- Reconcile and record purchase orders, credit card transactions, and bill payments.
- Collect, scan, and file documents, correspondence, and other printed matter.
- Assist with maintaining HR files.
- Manage the processing of personnel-related records including new hire paperwork, leave records, and change forms.
- Create and update files and records using a PC.
- Perform various routine office duties such as assisting with mailings, answering telephones and taking and relaying messages.
- Contribute and assist with the compilation of information for monthly reports.
- Interface with staff and student families on billing/collection, payment, or PO issues.
- Fundraising data entry in development software.
- Support the school’s fundraising efforts, volunteers, and personnel.
- Learn about the donor cycle and support the Director at the different stages.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Please send resumé to our Human Resources at hr at cornerstonelc dot com or by clicking here.
We currently do not have any other open positions, but wait! Don’t go yet! Any interest in substituting?
We have hired a number of our staff from our substituting ranks. It is a great way to get your foot in the door and position yourself to be in the right place at the right time when an opportunity does arise. Plus, it might give you additional experience to build your skill set (and resumé) until the right job does come along. In the meantime, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most professional, creative, compassionate, and innovative educators in town. And our students are pretty awesome too.
Interested? Send your resumé to Human Resources. Thanks!