What is the CLC Fund?
The annual CLC Fund giving drive is the school’s largest and most important fundraising effort. CLC Fund revenue—unrestricted monetary gifts—provide special resources supporting educational initiatives not covered by tuition alone. These may include professional development opportunities, new program design, and facility improvements, as well as other opportunities. The CLC Fund helps us say “Yes!” when teachers come forth with new ideas for enriching the student experience.
Why give to the CLC Fund?
A culture of philanthropy is at the heart of an inspiring educational institution. A contribution to the CLC Fund is the first - and most important - gift we ask of every member of the CLC community. The CLC Fund is a tax-deductible opportunity for community members to support the resources and programs that are essential to our students' success.
Who is asked to give?
There is strength in numbers and many gifts add up to a large sum each year. Everyone in the CLC community is asked to give - trustees, parents, alumni, grandparents, faculty/staff, vendors, and friends of the school. Our goal: 100 percent participation from current community members. (As of Sept 6, 2018, the board of trustees is at 100 percent.)
Why not just raise tuition?
We aim to keep our tuition competitive and accessible to many families. The CLC Fund helps us do so. Additionally, gifts to the CLC Fund are tax-deductible, while tuition is not.
What is the CLC Fund used for?
Like most independent schools, tuition alone does not cover the annual cost of providing a CLC education to each student. Revenue from the CLC Fund provide the extra margin of transformational experience not afforded by tuition alone. Your investment in the CLC Fund supports all areas of the school: academic programs, teacher salaries, technology, facilities, and annual budgetary priorities as well as any unforeseen needs, developments, or opportunities that may arise.
How much should we give?
Gifts of any size inspire more people to give, and gifts of every size are gratefully valued and deeply appreciated. Gifts last year ranged from $5-$10,000. Only you can determine the amount that is right for you, but we ask that you make a gift that is meaningful to your family’s capacity to give. Gifts of any size inspire more people to give. Our budgetary goal this year is $60,000 and each an every dollar beyond that is one more dollar that impacts and supports CLC's students, programs, and mission.
How do we give?
Online: Save paper and time by making a gift online. Click the button below for a donation form. Mail: Send your donation or pledge information to CLC’s Business Office. Credit Card: Call the Business Office at 850-386-5550 to make a contribution by credit card. In Person: Visit us in the Business Office at school to make your gift in person. Stock Gifts: A gift of stock saves two ways. You avoid capital-gains tax on the increased value and you receive a deduction for the full market value of the stock at the time you make the gift. Please call the Advancement Office to let us know that a stock gift is being arranged. Pledge: You may pledge a gift to the CLC Fund and make installment payments arranged with the Business Office to be paid in full by June 30, 2019.
When can I give?
Donations to the CLC Fund are gratefully accepted year-round. To have your donation count toward our 100% participation goal for the annual giving drive, please submit your pledge by October 31, 2018.
How Do I Initiate a Matching Gift from My Company?
As an employee benefit, many corporations match their employees’ charitable contributions. Matching gifts might allow you to double or triple your gift to the school because the corporate matching gift is counted toward your total giving. After confirming that your employer makes matching gifts, determine the procedures for securing the gift and inform the CLC Business Office. Typically, you will obtain a matching gift form to send in with your contribution. The Business Office staff then submits the form to the company which sends the check back to the school.
Last year The CLC Fund helped us to:
- Establish the school’s endowment fund! (A longtime dream.)
- In 2017/18 our community achieved a 94% participation rate, well above the national average for private schools.
- Enhance campus safety and security with improved fencing, installation of the new boardwalk gate, and new walkies talkies.
- Increase the efficiency and safety of drop-off and pick-up by re-designing, resurfacing, and painting the front parking lot and circle.
- Say YES! to more professional development opportunities - enabling 69% of our lead teacher and administrators to attend individual PD opportunities last year.
- Acquire and implement the Second Step program for student social and emotional well-being.
- Award Mr. Nathan an Innovation Grant to further develop our robotics program.
- Purchase a new bus with much needed safety and comfort upgrades.
With The CLC Fund this year, we hope to:
- Fund teacher Professional Development aspirations.
- Invest in new and emerging technologies and STEAM related tools to increase our #D printing capabilities, grow our robotics program, and improve our coding resources.
- Purchase a smart board for 3rd grade.
- Address our hydrologic and erosion challenges with sustainable solutions.
- Provide grants for teachers to dive deep into developing new programs, units, and experiences.
- Increase opportunities in the arts such as purchasing a ceramics throwing wheel, acquiring additional instruments, and weaving drama back into our programs.
- Replace the Kelso House roof.
- Purchase a new CLC sign.
- Reach our goal of 100% participation within our current community.
Our Progress This Year ($59,228 of $60,000 goal as of 11/15/18)
We, like all if you, want the best for our kids and CLC is the best. But we need to be honest and acknowledge that CLC can’t do all it does to educate our kids and turn them into compassionate, global learners 😉 on a budget supported purely by tuition. The annual fund is vital to enabling the excellence we enjoy at CLC to continue. Every little bit helps. Do the right thing and donate today. -- Heather and Mario Encinosa
We give to support our community because we believe the Cornerstone experience is an investment in our children’s future. The contribution we make to the CLC Fund is our way of investing in the school and making sure that experience continues for future generations. -- Todd & Andrea Kocourek
We give because we believe in Cornerstone and its mission. We are proud to be a part of and to support this community. -- The Hendersons
Cornerstone KNOWS education. Cornerstone KNOWS kids, parents and teachers. Cornerstone serves all of us forever - one never forgets what you learn from a great teacher! -- Pamela, Scott, and Clea ('14)