We take COVID precautions extremely seriously and have numerous safety protocols, processes, and practices in place to create safe and healthy classrooms, campus, and community. Our efforts follow the scientific, CDC, and/or WHO standards of practice. Our protocols include a healthy buildings efforts with tertiary systems for air cleaning and purification.
Middle School International Baccalaureate Social Studies Teacher
Cornerstone Learning Community (CLC) is seeking an experienced nearly full time (30 – 40 hours depending on several factors) middle school social studies lead teacher to join its faculty beginning in January 2021. With low staff turnover, this is a unique opportunity for an innovative, justice minded social studies educator to join a dynamic and professional team dedicated to empowering learners.
CLC’s mission is simple: Inspire and empower compassionate, global learners. At the center of this mission are the core virtues we adopted from Ernest Boyer’s Basic School model.
Our motto is “Parents as Partners and Teachers as Leaders.” The teachers have numerous leadership opportunities to initiate, implement, and create new opportunities for students, colleagues, and parents alike. Parents are an active part of our school family as supporters, guest teachers, and community organizers.
- Leading our International Baccalaureate (IB) Individuals and Societies program.
- Attending training related to IB framework and subject area. (We would cover the costs.)
- Communicating regularly with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Maintaining a high standard of instruction that aligns with the school’s core virtues, educational research, and the IB framework.
- Reporting progress at the conclusion of each trimester.
- Working closely with the IB team on day-to-day tasks as well as on field trips, service efforts, and integrated projects.
- Serve as advisory teacher for 7th grade.
The successful candidate will demonstrate capacity as:
- A subject area specialty with a particular focus on civic engagement, justice / injustices, and international mindedness.
- An excellent communicator who builds and sustains bridges with various stakeholders.
- A professional educator who can create and implement curricula to meet students’ cognitive needs and build their understanding.
- An instructor who develops and sustains positive, respectful relationships with others.
- A passionate educator who can differentiate instruction to inspire and challenge every student.
- A reflective practitioner who incorporates research and input from their professional network to improve practice.
- A learner who is eager to work and participate in professional development workshops.
- A creative leader who creates transformational learning environments and experiences.
- Someone who loves working with young people.
- A bachelor’s (master’s preferred) degree in social sciences, history, geography, and/or education.
- Florida Educator Certificate in middle school.
- 3+ years of experience as a Lead Teacher.
- Creative Awesomeness.
- Enthusiasm for the subject matter, middle school students, and education.
Qualified candidates will be invited to:
- Tour the school.
- Perform a model teaching.
- Provide written materials as requested.
Interested in teaching in an authentic learning community dedicated to students, staff, and families alike?
Send a resume that includes all relevant experience and education with a cover letter that includes your philosophy of education and concrete examples of how you put it in practice to hr at cornerstonelc.com or through Indeed.
We do not have any other open positions at this time, but wait! Don’t go yet! Any interest in substituting?
We have hired a number of our staff from our substituting ranks. It is a great way to get your foot in the door and position yourself to be in the right place at the right time when an opportunity does arise. Plus, it might give you additional experience to build your skill set (and resumé) until the right job does come along. In the meantime, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most professional, creative, compassionate, and innovative educators in town. And our students are pretty awesome too.
Interested? Send your resumé to Human Resources. Thanks!