We take COVID precautions extremely seriously and have numerous safety protocols, processes, and practices in place to create safe and healthy classrooms, campus, and community. Our efforts follow the scientific, CDC, and/or WHO standards of practice. Our protocols include a healthy buildings efforts with tertiary systems for air cleaning and purification.
We currently have substitute positions open:
Cornerstone Learning Community (CornerstoneLC.com) is seeking substitute teachers to join our PreK – 8th grade program as soon as available (you can see the job specific page on workable):
- Substitute Teacher
Cornerstone is a progressive, independent school. Our program is engaging and focused on putting the student at the center of the learning. Our mission: Inspire and empower compassionate global learners.
Cornerstone teachers are:
- Excellent communicators with students, parents, and colleagues, and have well developed oral and written language skills.
- Passionate educators who respect and nurture individual learning profiles.
- Knowledgeable educators who are informed by current research and seek opportunities for professional growth.
- Comfortable with change, embracing of diversity, and happy working with a team.
- A love of children
- 3 to 5 years of experience in education preferred
- Ability to engage students of various ages in small and large groups on line and in person
- Capacity to redirect behavior without shaming using a restorative model
- Comfortable creating and leading group activities
- Proven communication skills
- Being a team player and taking initiative
- Proven dependability
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Availability varies depending on position
- Bachelors degree in education required for MS design and Associate positions, and preferred, but not required for assistant positions.
- Bilingual a plus
- Imagination and humor a necessity
Candidates will be asked to:
- Tour the school to discuss the school mission and their goals
Send a resume that includes all relevant experience to our hr email. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
We strive for a globally inclusive environment and seek faculty that reflect cultural and ethnic diversity. Cornerstone Learning Community is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or national origin.
Any interest in substituting?
We have hired a number of our staff from our substituting ranks. It is a great way to get your foot in the door and position yourself to be in the right place at the right time when an opportunity does arise. Plus, it might give you additional experience to build your skill set (and resumé) until the right job does come along. In the meantime, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most professional, creative, compassionate, and innovative educators in town. And our students are pretty awesome too.
Interested? Send your resumé to Human Resources. Thanks!